Some important general information about conference & registration.
Regular registration ends October 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM PDT
Preconferences, special events, and meal functions are priced separately and not included in full, one-day, or exhibits-only registration.
*Includes full-time student, retired, and/or unemployed CLA members, supporting members, and voting-trustee members.
For a quick summary of options pricing, see our paper registration form
Conference begins on Sunday, November 3, 2013, with several pre-conferences! Our first pre-conference is scheduled to start 8:30 a.m. Other Sunday activities include the annual Legislative Luncheon (scheduled to start at 11:45 a.m.). Our final sessions finish at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 5.
Access for Attendees with Disabilities
CLA is committed to making our conference accessible to all attendees. If you have a special need that may affect your participation in conference, please check the appropriate box on the registration form and include a brief description of your need. A conference team member will contact you prior to the conference to discuss accommodations. All special need requests must be communicated to CLA by Friday, October 18, 2013 so that we can make appropriate arrangements!
Badges and Tickets
The conference badge is your admission to all programs, meetings, and to the exhibit hall. It must be worn at all times.
Tickets are required for all meal functions and will be distributed with registration materials. If your plans change you may use the Message Board to try to find a buyer for your meal ticket(s). No refunds will be issued for meal tickets after October 25, 2013.
CLA preconferences are scheduled for Sunday, November 3. You may attend a preconference without attending or registering for the rest of the conference, but you must pre-register for the event. This includes the no-charge Summer Reading Program pre-conference! Please use the registration form to register for preconferences.
Meal and Event Functions
Order early! Advance meal ticket purchases are a must! Seating is limited and tickets will not be available for purchase on-site. Be sure to indicate on the registration form if you have a special dietary need. Please note all prices include local tax and required service charges.
CLA Conference Payment and Refund Policy
- EARLY BIRD registrations must be paid in full by check or credit card no later than 5 p.m., August 30, 2013. Early bird registrations unpaid as of 9 a.m., Tuesday, September 3, 2013 will be changed to REGULAR registrations and the early bird discount will be lost!
- REGULAR registrations must be paid in full by check or credit card no later than 5 p.m., October 18, 2013.
- Any and all registrations that remain unpaid as of 9 a.m., Monday, October 21, 2013 will be canceled.
- All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com no later than 5 pm, October 25, 2013.
- Phone requests for cancellations must be followed up with a written request.
- No cancellation and/or refund requests will be accepted AFTER the deadline.
- Qualifying refunds will be issued after December 1, 2013.
- Refunds will be issued in the same format as payment: checks for payments made by check, credit card refund for payments made by credit card. An administrative processing fee of $15 will be applied to all refunds. Please note: the application of the processing fee may result in no refund being issued.
Conference registration discounts are available to CLA members. Consider join CLA before registering for conference to take advantage of our member discounts– see our Membership Categories for more information.
Methods of Payment
All conference registrations must be accompanied by payment. CLA accepts checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards for conference registration.
Message Center and Hospitality Booth
A message board will be located near the registration area in the Convention Center lobby. The board may be used for contacting old friends, for job information, or for messages from home.
Sunday, November 3: 4:45 pm to 6:30 pm
Monday, November 4: 10 am to 5 pm
Tuesday, November 5: 9 am to 2 pm
Sunday, November 3: 7:30 am to 5 pm
Monday, November 4: 6:30 am to 5 pm
Tuesday, November 5: 7 am to 12 noon
"The conference got my juices going and gave me ideas for programs and collaboration. It was a great networking opportunity. I really got a lot out of it."
–2012 Conference Attendee